"No matter how different we may be each other, if we treat each other with respect we can always be friends!" - Michael Darby
Michael Darby's Biography
Michael Darby host Governor Steve Bullock in Las Vegas.
*We tried to compose a bio for Michael Darby, but in this day and age with people having such short attention spans we choose to narrow it down to high lights due to the fact that his bio ended up being 7 pages long.
* Dear Mr. Michael Darby, On behalf of the Harvard Kennedy School Admissions Committee, we congratulate you on your acceptance to Emerging Leaders Program. Emerging Leaders brings together leaders from around the world and renowned Harvard faculty to develop and expand the capacity of the next generation of leaders. (Michael Darby is now a Harvard University Emerging Leaders Alumni.)
* United States Ambassador Swanee Hunt nominated by the President and confirmed by the U.S. Senate facilitates a conversation with Michael Darby and other Emerging World Leaders at Harvard University
* The White House invited Michael Darby to participate in a off the record conversation with Secretary of State John Kerry, discussing the President climate agenda for COP 21 in Paris. The COP 21 has become a historic event with more than 100 heads of government attending. The COP 21 is a bright moment for the United Nations.
*Michael Darby earns Harvard University Neuroscience certification in the electrical properties of a neuron.
*Michael Darby earns Harvard University Neuroscience certification in neurons and networks.
* Dear Michael Darby, My name is Jonathan Watson. I am producing a documentary film with director Tom Shadyac. Tom Shadyac, the feature film director responsible for such successes as Bruce Almighty, Liar, Liar, Ace Ventura, Patch Adams, and most recently, Evan Almighty, will now apply his film making skills to a feature length documentary that asks the pressing question, "What's wrong with the world?" That question usually spurs a variety of answers from poverty and crime to the environmental crisis and war. But Tom believes that to call any of these the "problem(s)" is actually a fundamental misperception, that these are, in fact, symptoms of an underlying, endemic problem. We will not only attempt to identify this problem but then dare to imagine a better world, in the hope of inspiring and empowering our audience to make that world a reality. To explore this subject matter, Tom would like to include on-screen interviews with some of today's leading social commentators, writers and thinkers, including Mary Oliver, the Dalai Lama, Noam Chomsky, Howard Zinn , Jimmy Carter, Maya Angelou, Thom Hartman, and Steven Hawkings . We'd be very grateful if you'd consider participating. If you have any further questions, or would like to speak with Tom, you can contact us at 818-***-****. Thank you very much for your time. Sincerely, Jonathan Watson."
* Governor Brian Schweitzer says, "I commend Michael Darby for his efforts to give voice to the worlds children and their imaginations."
* Governor Earl Ray Tomblin says, "I take this opportunity to commend Michael Darby and everyone involved in this initiative. Their hard work and commitment are nothing short of inspirational. Congratulations on a job well done!"
* Governor Terry Branstad and Lt. Governor Kim Reynolds say, "We commend Michael Darby and the rest of his team as they encourage and inspire children around the United States to dare to make their dreams a reality and to put their minds to accomplishing their goals whatever they may be."
* Michael Darby gains the support of 20 United States Governors!!!!!
* Michael Darby's highest ranked vocal student and Michael Darby and Smile band member Cybelle Kaehler sings for the President of the United States!
* Superintendent Pat Skorkowsky from the 5th largest school district in the United States says, "Governor Brian Sandoval proclaimed this week as the "WEEK OF RESPECT". The week kicked of Monday with a performance from Michael Darby and Smile at Robert E Lake Elementary School. The group used dancing and singing to teach some of our youngest students lessons on how our differences make us who we are - and that our differences should be celebrated."
* Michael Darby is presented with a platinum plaque to commemorate the global sale for 1,003,000 copies of the RCA Records Release Keeps Gettin' Bette: A Decade of Hits featuring Christina Aguilera and Ricky Martin.
* Michael Darby is presented with a platinum plaque to commemorate the global sale for 3,857,000 copies of the Columbia Records Release Nobody Wants to Be Lonely featuring Christina Aguilera and Ricky Martin.
* Michael Jordon goes on national television and talks about the impact of Michael Darby.
* Michael Darby graduated from college in 2 years and 3 months with a 4 year degree.
* Ron Sims, deputy secretary of the United States HUD, says, "Michael Darby's efforts will carry a thoughtful and inspirational message globally."
* Michael Darby earns a victory over one of the worlds best Greco roman wrestlers at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs.
* Michael Darby gets nominated for music video of the year by the Los Angeles Music Awards.
* Michael Darby gets recognized by the John Lennon Songwriting Contest.
* NICKELODEON KIDS & FAMILY GAMES GROUP SAYS, "Michael has amazing energy, talent and ideas!"
NAME DROPPING TIME!!!! : ) We included this section because Michael Darby is asked often about the people who he has worked with. The following people and organizations are people Michael Darby has worked with, is friends with, or are people and organizations who have chosen to support Michael Darby's anti-bullying efforts: Celine Dion, Michael Jordan, Will Smith, Whoopi Goldberg, Cindy Crawford, Robin Williams, Kobe Bryant, Dennis Rodman, Carmen Electra, Donald Trump, Mike Tyson, Shaquille O'Neal, Ken Griffey Jr., Drew Carey, Bill Gates, Billy Corgan, Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band, Charles Barkley, Evander Holyfield, Cael Sanderson MTV,VH1, CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, PBS, Nickelodeon, Multiple Major Market Radio Stations, Multiple Newspapers, Olympic Champions, Politicians, Super Bowl Champions, NBA Champions, World Series Champions, Multiple School Districts ,Multiple Countries, Multiple Hospitals, Cirque du Soleil, YMCA, Ronald McDonald House and the Boys and Girls Club.
Michael Darby's personal highlights!!
20 REASONS Michael Darby DOES NOT SUCK! : ) A few years back Michael's mom e-mailed him this list and he reads the list on his bad days! : ) This list is a simple but powerful way to let someone know you love them. If you like this idea Michael would encourage you to repeat the 20 reasons toward someone you care about! : ) It's the small things in life that count!
1. Michael is the life of our family. Without him, we are like dull lumps on a log.
2. He is inspiring.
3. He can be so wise....
4. He is a model of how to have a passion and an enormous drive to accomplish a goal.
5. His love of music and is so musically and verbally gifted
6. He reminds me of some of his father's best qualities.
7. He is fearless.
8. He can laugh at himself.
9. He has been through a lot and still comes out fighting for happiness.
10. He keeps picking himself up, dusting himself off and going for his gold=meaning his goal/those things that are important to him.
11. He has an abundance of energy.
12. I admire how he continues to work out and never forgets how important that is to his health.
13. His focus on trying to be the most positive person he can be and trying to help other gain that focus.
14. His perfectionism… even if it does get in my way with publishing my book.
15. The fact that he loves the triplets.
16. The bringing me a cake on my birthday and other acts of love like that in the past.
17. The thoughtfulness he can display
18. His brilliance…. like advising me to go to Cedar-Sinai.
19. How he can just decide to do something and just really do it.
20. How he gleans information from accomplished people and uses it.
"When a child is born, they are a blank canvas. Their painting is simply a reflection of the colors we teach."
- Michael Darby